Here at the Creative Bus Depot, I have a few dear friends who help me along the way supplying me with cups of tea, play dates, and lovely long walks where we chew the fat. Eventually after a few Jo Malone treats, and chinese burns they do agree to share their best secrets and tips on some of their favourite things.
Before I digress, here is a quick Q&A from a very special Stylish Mama : Carrie Hobbs who has been volunteering in the ‘making tea and toast department’ at the Depot for 7 years now, and has just had her 3rd gorgeous baby (a boy who is super cute, and also has an ice-skating princess girly, and another rather hard to catch spiderman boy). She has a background in hospitality, events, and fashion, and knows a thing or two about cocktails, The Clintons and New York City.
My favourite place for a weekend lunch with the family…
- Banners in Crouch End – great brazillian cocktails, toys, drawing, lovely healthy smoothies and food for the kids.
- Rockfish – Owned by Chef Mitch Tonks and is one of two of his restaurants in Dartmouth, devon – the BEST fish and chips (and seafood) in the country and wonderful alcoholic ginger beer!! they also do fabulous kids packs for free with drawing and stickers and a card game with lots of trivia about fish and a little purse – all free – amazing! 8 South Embankment, Dartmouth, Devon, 01803 832 800.
- Gracelands – kensal rise, very healthy holistic cafe with toys and crafty things for kids and little studio out the back where they do kiddy yoga and lots more and of course
- The Groucho Club, Soho for sunday lunch – papers, bloody mary and full creche for the kids with Sharky and George entertainers and great films.
Most important kiddy items…
- Wipes – very boring
- Paw paw lotion – wonder balm from Australia – cures everything from burns, dry chapped skin, itches etc!
- Hip Flask! just kidding!
Favourite place with the girls…
Favourite kids shops / designers…
Top of your present list this year…
- Tibetan felt animal slippers from Graham and Green
- Anything from Brora Cashmere
- Canvas tepee from Cox and Cox (online)
Your Creative places secrets…
- Zabludowicz Collection, 176 Prince of Wales Road, Chalk Farm. Every Sunday they run a drop in creative activity in the café where they play with the ideas and images used by artists. Led by Helen Roberts. Suitable for all ages. Its fab free fun.
- Slanchogled is an amazing craft shop on chalk farm road. Full of inspirational artists’ materials, hobby craft supplies, creative ideas and everything you need to make them come to life.
Thanks for your time Carrie. We will be back for more soon. xo