The Place offers a wide range of dance classes for 5 – 15 year olds each Saturday throughout term time.
Our Summer Term begins on Sat 27 April 2013. For more information on each of our classes and teachers, click the class titles below.
First Moves: 5 – 7 years (£105 per term)
These imaginative and stimulating classes for young movers introduce the basic principles of dance and music by exploring lively movement phrases and creative exercises.
- First Moves 1 (5-6 years), 10 – 11am with Tarika Hidayatullah
- First Moves 2 (6-7 years), 11.15am – 12.15pm with Megan Griffiths
New Moves: 7 – 9 years (£105 per term).
Discover and explore the relationship between dance and music through creative tasks and improvisations whilst learning basic contemporary dance technique.
- New Moves 1 (7-8 years), 9.30 – 10.30am with Kate Scott
- New Moves 2 (8-9 years) 9.30 – 10.30am with Rhian Robbins
Fresh Moves: 9 – 11 years (£110 per term)
These fun and invigorating sessions focus on developing expressiveness and choreographic skills, rhythm and musicality through imaginative movement sequences and dance phrases.
- Fresh Moves 1, 11.15am – 12.30pm with Rhian Robbins
- Fresh Moves 2, 11am – 12.15pm with Sarah Miller
- Fresh Moves 3, 11.15am – 12.30pm with Kate Scott
Contemporary : 12 – 15 years (£115 per term)
Develop creativity, musicality and technical expertise in these imaginative classes using a broad range of dance movement.
- Contemporary 1, 11am – 12.30pm with Aaron Vickers
- Contemporary 2, 9.30 – 11am with Marie Forbes
- Contemporary 3, 9.30 – 11am with Megan Griffiths
Energiser (Boys Only): 8 – 14 years (£110 per term)
Fast paced and physical, this rigorous boys only dance class builds strength, stamina and flexibility in a fun and energetic environment.
- Energiser (Boys Only) 2.45 – 4pm with Aaron Vickers
Shuffle Dance Company (£95 per term)
- Shuffle Dance Company, 1 – 2.30pm with Katie Cambridge
Shuffle is the junior dance company at The Place for young dancers aged 9-14 years. Members will work with professional dance artists and be expected to commit to the whole year as a company member.
Shuffle recruits via Selection Taster Sessions, giving dancers and the rehearsal director the opportunity to work together and decide if this company is an appropriate programme for the applicants. Selection Taster Sessions usually take place in September.
If you have any questions, please firstname.lastname@example.org
To book a place please contact Louise Clohesy on 020 7121 1080. A £30 deposit is required to secure a place and can be paid over the phone using a credit or debit card.