At the Design Museum : In Partnership with John Lewis : Come along to create your own Radical Room, get cooking with Codasign, step in to the wonderful world of Okido Magazine and hear the history of objects on this design filled day for all the family. Some sessions have limited places, book on the day.
2. Launch of Tootsa MacGinty’s AW14 Collection : Friday : 19th | 12pm to 5pm
Shop with a 15 % discount on the day. Everyone welcome although the activities are ideal for children aged 1-8yrs: Balloon modelling with Miss Ballooniverse! Professional face painting & Tootsa MacGinty glove puppet workshop.
3. Open House London & Nature activities : Isis Education Centre : Hyde Park
FREE access to the grounds of the Isis Education Centre as part of London’s Open House Weekend. Join them on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 September at any time between 10am and 4pm. Opportunities to learn and connect with nature will also be available for all ages as you get the chance to try pond-dipping in the Sunshine pond, or use our plant spotter sheet and discover their butterfly border, meadow, mini-beast area and stunning carved entrance poles
4. QE2 Park : Art Moves Festival & Workshops : September 20, 2014
Shop-til-you-drop with over 100 traders selling vintage fashion, accessories, homewares, crafted product from independent designers, pop culture memorabilia and vinyl records from the boot of their classic cars.
5. Zabludowicz Collection : Families Create : Sat Workshops : 12-5pm
6. The annual London Design Festival, which has been running all week and ends on Sunday September 21. It spans dozens of locations and hundreds of exhibitors. Check out The Art of Skateboarding Exhibition, where cooler than cool artists have all been asked to contribute to the creation of a series of skateboards, to be exhibited in Goodhood’s new 3,000ft flagship on Curtain Road.
7. The Imperial War Museum : Object Conversations : Drop In session : Sunday
Families can explore objects from the collections and how they connect with iconic objects on display in the new atrium and terraced galleries.
8. Family Day : Kites : Keats House, Hampstead : Sunday 21 September : 1 – 4pm
Take to the air at Keats House this September. Make your own colourful kite to fly in the garden, and hear poems and stories of swooping and soaring, strange flying machines and aerial battles and ballets. Free, no booking required.
9.Augustus Gloop trail : Saturday 20th September and Sunday 21 September, 11am to 5pm. The Roald Dahl Museum, Great Missenden
For all ages: go on a hunt for Augustus Gloop’s chocolate wrappers and find out facts about the Museum.
10. Family Art Workshop : National Portrait Gallery : Saturday 20
Join artist Marc Woodhead for a creative session exploring colour. Experiment with different techniques and colours. Free ticket required, available one hour before the event on a first come, first served basis. Places are limited to 20 tickets per session for children, plus the adult. For ages 5+