1. There are just three weeks left to catch this the Sadler’s Wells exciting Cuban Dance show : Ballet Revolucion. It is a show with powerful street dance and hip hop, the phenomenal cast of 19 dancers perform daring jumps and sensual moves in this high octane production, with a soundtrack featuring new hits from Bruno Mars, Usher, Beyoncé, David Guetta, J-Lo, Prince and Rihanna.
2. Don’t miss the Divertimenti Culinary Salon. Over three nights, in an intimate setting inside the shop in Marylebone you can join Simon Hopkinson, restaurant critic Fay Maschler, author William Sitwell or Chefs Sarit Packer and Itamar Srulovich (Honey & Co.: Food from the Middle East) amongst other esteemed food experts. During the evening they explore the tantalising link between food and memory with a panel of top chefs, writers, philosophers and psychologists.Tickets cost £10 and can be redeemed against the purchase of books by Salon panelists on the night. The ticket also includes a 10% Divertimenti shopping discount* that evening.
3. How about making a date with your Mother-in-law? I have just the event. The Spirit of Christmas Fair at Olympia London, 4-9 November 2014. Recommend a friend… with a very special offer £15.70 per ticket (15% off advance tickets), including a copy of The Fair Book, available on arrival. You can book online at http://www.spiritofchristmasfair.co.uk or call 0871 230 1089* and quote EX110 to receive this offer. The team at Atlas & I on Stand C92, would love to meet you so pop over, and get familiar, you never know what you might end up with for Christmas this year.
Image: Ed Skrein photographed by Gavin Watson
4. Grab a cuppa and get mooching over this 5 minute interview from the Motherland team. Ed Skrein, 31, is an actor and musician best known as Daario Naharis in ‘Game of Thrones’. He grew up in North London and launched his acting career in Plan B’s 2012 film ‘Ill Manners’, which he filmed while working as a swimming teacher. He lives in East London with his partner and their three-year-old son, Marley.
5. It’s Sample Sale time again, and here are some more dates for your diary from The Music Rooms in South Moulton Street : Reiss : Tuesday 28th October – 1pm – 8pm to Friday 31st October – 8am – 8pm & Issey Miyake : Wednesday 5th November – 12pm-7pm & Thursday 6th November – 10am-5pm & Nicholas Kirkwood : Tuesday 25th November – 10am-8pm & Wednesday 26th November – 8am-8pm.
6. Did you say earlier that you can’t wait to carve up a beautiful non-wonky scary faced pumpkin for the kids this year ? Well because I’m kind to you, I’ve found you 10 stencils from the generous PicMonkey blog. Share your #busdaysout instagram pictures please, if you don’t i’ll screammmm….
7. If I had a proper job, I would buy all my little boy-friends one of these jackets from Bangbang Copenhagen. That would be Halloween sorted, and every other night of the year too.
8. My little angel girl has made her present wish list for her 6th birthday next week. On the list are (1) roller skates (2) a football of her own (3) a football book and that’s about it. So I am wondering if she might like these fantastic football-themed cupcakes from the bookhoucraft blog ? It will be a true test of really how tom-boy she is under all that beauty.
9. Someday as a family we will take a trip East, and find out more about life in China. It is high on the bucket list. Here is a great read from A Cup Of Jo : 16 Surprising Things about Parenting in China, to get us in the mood.
10. As much as I try, I’m not really into Beauty so to speak. I blame it on my pure lifestyle, constant state of detox, and the endless amount of unbroken sleep I get. As I know many of my sweet friends do like a bit of beauty chat, I am sharing this post about The 40 best beauty bloggers from The Telegraph.
11. I’m quite tempted to try this service from Sticky9. They cleverly will turn your instagrams and photos into magnets for you. Prices start at £9.99 for a set of 9. Maybe when this website is rich and famous, I will work out a way to send out a Sticky9 present to each of you that share your photos on #busdaysout over in Instagram world. Did you like that cheeky plug?
12. I told you I like to share secrets, well here’s a sweet one. Book your tickets now, for a Family Sunday at the Royal Opera House. They are one of my top 5 days out, and honestly great for both boys and girls alike. They even serve white wine for the thirsty parents. Trust me on this one, you don’t want to miss out.
13. Don’t you think that a decent adventure is character building? Some how in my travels I fell upon The Exploration Society. Adventure is their middle name, and they love kids, camps, adventures, fresh air, and run one-off trips for individuals from Year 1 and above (and for schools). During the holidays they offer days, and camps in partnership with Sharky and George. They even run them for adults? Hen weekend anyone?